Baked oatmeal has become popular as a breakfast trend on TikTok. And rightly so, because the baked oatmeal tastes like cake for breakfast. We’ll show you how to make your own baked oats.
Baked oatmeal has probably been the most popular breakfast trend on social media for a while now. Although they Baked Oatmeal, i.e. baked porridge, are very similar, they certainly have their own right to exist. Because thanks to the finely ground oat flakes, baked oats have a finer and juicier consistency.
For the Baked Oats you need a few basic ingredients a blender. With this you have prepared the dough in a few minutes. Form the base for the baked oats oats, plant milk, banana, dates or maple syrup for the cutie.
It is best to buy the ingredients organic quality. How to support one organic farmingwhich is not chemically synthetic pesticides use, which can get into your food and the environment. Recommended organic seals are for example demeter, natural soil and organic soil. For products such as chocolate, cocoa or vanilla you should also look for a Fairtrade certification respect, think highly. The seal shows you that the product was produced and traded under acceptable social conditions.
We will show you a basic recipe for vegan baked oats with light and dark variants. Of course, you can change the recipe as you like.
Vegan Baked Oats: Basic recipe for two servings
By the way: We use a ripe banana for sweetening. If you don’t like the banana flavor, you can eventually find non-banana alternatives to baked oatmeal.
Vegan Baked Oats
- Preparation: about 10 minutes
- Cooking/baking time: about 20 minutes
- Crowd: 2 servings
Fairtrade cocoa powder
fair trade dark chocolate
Add oats, plant-based milk, ripe banana, pitted dates, peanut butter, baking powder, salt and optionally some vanilla or other spices like cinnamon to the blender and blend the ingredients into a viscous paste.
For the light variant, fill half of the dough in a small ovenproof dish. You can also use an ovenproof cereal bowl or a screw top jar here.
For the chocolate version, stir the Fairtrade cocoa into the rest of the batter and fill the second mold with it. The chocolate version tastes particularly delicious with a teaspoon of peanut butter as the core.
Cover the cakes with chopped Fairtrade dark chocolate, nuts or other ingredients of your choice and bake them in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.
The baked oats taste hot or cold and keep for several days in the fridge.
Baked Oats: Tips and Variations for a Healthy Breakfast
You can change the ingredients according to your own taste. Instead of peanut butter fit too Almond butter or hazelnut butter good with that and you can replace the dates with a sweetener of your choice, for example: maple syrup, concentrated apple juice, date syrup or sugar alternatives such as stevia or birch sugar.
the length of baking time you have it in your own hands. If you prefer a soft, mushy consistency, remove the cakes from the oven after about 20 minutes. For a firmer, cake-like texture, bake them for 25 to 30 minutes. You can do the chopstick test as a test. The baking time also depends a lot on the shape and size of your molds.
Ideas for variations on vegan baked oats:
- Baked Oats Without Banana: For a more neutral taste, you can divide the banana by 100 grams apple pulp or crushed with 1.5 tbsp linseed mixed with 5 tablespoons of plant-based milk (soak before use). Alternatively, the baked oats also work well if you simply leave out the banana and instead add a little more milk or plant-based yogurt. However, since the banana brings a lot of sweetness, you may need to sweeten it here.
- Baked oats with a liquid kernel: For this you give a teaspoon of nut butter, jam, a little chocolate, chocolate cream or a dollop vegan yogurt or vegan cream cheese mixed with maple syrup in the center of the ramekin.
- Additional Toppings and Ingredients: In addition to chocolate and nuts, grated coconut, cocoa nibsdried fruit, blueberries or chopped fresh fruit very well in the recipe. You can also refine the cakes with, for example, poppy seeds and grated lemon peel, or one Carrot cake– variant with grated carrots, raisins and walnuts make.
Read more on Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underline Some links to supply sources are affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the proceeds from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!