Are you looking for new inspiration for your breakfast or do you just want a change at the breakfast table? Then Jamie Oliver has the perfect Jamie Oliver recipe for you.
The famous chef’s breakfast creation looks like a classic omelet, which keeps you busy Protein keeps you full longer and lets you start the day full of energy.
With just one pan for a healthy breakfast
Best of all, you don’t have to wait long in the kitchen after breakfast, because all you have to do is wash a pan. Depending on your taste, you can vary the ingredients for Jamie Oliver’s breakfast. There are ideas for this at the end of the article.
Jamie Oliver’s One Pan Breakfast: The Ingredients
The recipe is for three servings, but can be easily varied according to appetite and the number of people. One portion has 378 kcal.
- 160 grams of tomatoes
- A handful of mushrooms
- 4 large eggs
- 3 slices of bread
- 3 slices of bacon
- 3 sausages (e.g. bratwurst, alternatively chorizo or salami is also suitable)
Jamie’s Breakfast: Step by Step
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon and sausages and sauté them in a little olive oil for about 10 to 12 minutes until the bacon and sausages are nicely browned. Remove the meat from the pan and lower the heat.
- Depending on the size of the tomatoes, quarter or halve them. Now put it in the pan and let it sauté for a few minutes with the mushrooms.
- Now you break the eggs into the pan. Use a wooden spoon to spread the egg whites all over the pan and around the vegetables, creating what Jamie Oliver calls a sort of frisbee.
- Cut the bacon and sausages into small pieces and spread them in the pan. Let everything cook with the lid on until the eggs are cooked. Now you can season and serve the omelet as you wish.
Healthier twists on the Jamie Oliver breakfast
Sure, you can indulge yourself, but let’s be honest, bacon and sausage don’t necessarily fit into a healthy diet because of their high fat content.
But you can still enjoy the breakfast by simply changing the ingredients. The chef recommends the following variations on his website.
- Avocado, tomatoes, fresh chilli, some light cheese and eggs
- Smoked salmon, fresh spinach leaves and eggs
- Mushrooms, fresh spinach, feta and eggs
- Halloumi, mushrooms and eggs
You can easily adapt the recipe to your culinary preferences and eating habits.