Flax seed porridge is an easy and healthy breakfast. You can prepare it in various ways with different toppings. We will show you a recipe for it.
Breakfast gives you the energy to start the day, so the morning meal should be healthy and balanced. Popular breakfast recipes include muesli, sandwiches, pancakes and scrambled eggs. There are also unusual ideas like Baked Oatmeal, porridge or even one breakfast pizza. Depending on your mood, you can make your breakfast varied. But even a simple breakfast provides a good basis for the day.
linseed for example is healthy and if it is considered local superfood. They contain a lot of fiber and therefore have a digestive effect. They are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids. This gives the seeds anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties. In addition, other important ingredients such as protein, magnesium, iron, zinc and various vitamins are included.
You can prepare flaxseed in different ways, for example as a baking ingredient in bread or biscuits. But they are also good for breakfast. We show you a simple recipe for flax seed porridge with different topping ideas.
Flax seed porridge for breakfast: the recipe
Nutritious flax seed porridge
- Preparation: approximately 0 minutes
- Break time: about 5 minutes
- Cooking/baking time: about 10 minutes
- Crowd: 4 portions
Pour the almond milk into a saucepan and slowly bring it to a simmer.
Stir the flaxseed and almond flour into the milk. Let them simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often so nothing burns.
Sweeten the flax seed porridge with cinnamon and sugar to taste.
Remove the porridge from the stove and let it swell for a few minutes. Then serve it in cereal bowls.
Flax seed porridge for breakfast: tips and toppings
The flax seed porridge is ready in just 15 minutes. With the following tips, the flax seed porridge is not only delicious, but also sustainable and varied:
- Look for the organic quality when shopping. For example, the Demeter seal, the Naturland seal or the Bioland seal are recommended because they meet strict guidelines.
- Buy seasonal ingredients instead. This avoids long transport routes and reduces your personal carbon footprint.
- So preferably buy flaxseed from regional cultivation.
- The basic recipe for the flax seed porridge is very simple. With a few variations you can prepare it in a varied way. Instead of almond milk, you can e.g oat milk use. You can do the sugar honey or agave syrup substitute.
- You can also add other ingredients. Among other things with Chia seedsdesiccated coconut, sunflower seeds or chopped nuts goes well with the flax seed. You can add the spices with cocoa powder or vanilla expand.
- You can also vary the topping according to taste and season. The linseed porridge with fresh fruit tastes particularly fresh. Depending on the season, berries, apples, pears Or add rhubarb. You can find out when which fruits are seasonally available in us seasonal calendar. Chocolate sprinkles are also suitable granola as a tasty topping. Also applesauce or compotes give the flax seed porridge a different taste.
Read more on utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underline Some links to supply sources are affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the proceeds from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!